House Girl Flees With N13.9m, Jewellery One Week After Resuming Work

A domestic staff has disappeared after allegedly stealing cash and jewellery valued more than N13.9m from her employer’s residence in the Victoria Island area of Lagos State.

Daily Report Nigeria gathered that th fleeing suspect identified simply as Blessing perpetrated the act just one week of resuming work.

Blessing’s employer, Pearl Ogbulu, said the Cross River State indigene had been unreachable without trace since the incident occured on Sunday, January 16.

Blessing was said to have been introduced to Ogbulu by an agent identified as Joshua Amaha.

Ogbulu who was absent from home the day Blessing visited her residence for interview, revealed that her parents had taken the suspect in on her behalf in wait for the interview.

During the interview the next day, Ogbulu notified the suspect that she would undergo a test and registration at a police station.

However, plans were still underway for the test and registration, when Blessing took advantage of her employer’s absence to carry out the act.

Ogbulu said, “Her name could be an alias, but she identified herself as Blessing. She also mentioned that her name was Ihi, from Cross River State. She is 25 years old and has a one-year-old child. She started working with me around 8.30pm last Sunday.

“The agent told me she would come on Saturday for an interview, but I didn’t see her. Only for the agent to tell me she was already on her way that Sunday and when she didn’t arrive early, I went out. I returned around 1.30am and was about to go to work the next day when I interviewed her and told her about the test and registration.

“January 13 was my brother’s birthday and Blessing was standing on the third floor when I went into my room to bring out two envelopes containing N500,000 and N200,000. I gave my brother N50,000, and also gave him and my mother $100 each. I kept the remaining money inside my room.”
Ogbulu said she went for a party the following Sunday.

“The security guard said he didn’t see her leaving. I knew I locked my room, but I was surprised when I saw the door open. I went straight to where I kept my money and realised that the envelopes containing the naira notes were gone. She stole two wristwatches, one of which cost $5,500; my daughter’s earrings valued at $3300. She also took $5000, 300 pounds and N200,000. She took all my jewellery worth over $10,000.”

The agent had given Blessing’s brother’s phone number to the businesswoman alongside an address in Ikorodu, but the number has never gone through and the address too was nowhere to be found.

“I asked for Blessing’s brother’s number and address in Ikorodu and the agent said the place was in Ijede. He gave me her brother’s number, which did not go through, but Truecaller brought out a name, Elebe.

“We parked my vehicle at the NNPC Filling Station along Ijede Road and took a tricycle to scan the whole area looking for the address, but found no place like that. The tricycle operator charged me N7,500.

“I called the agent and he said he was not coming to help us. He said the same thing had happened before and that the madam arrested him and he suffered for days in police custody. I reported the case to the IRT and DSS.
Efforts to hear from Joshua proved abortive as calls to his number did not connect,” Ogbulu added.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tragedy: Reckless driver kills Supervisor Councilor's wife, four others hospitalized

Agbarho Kingdom Palace Sets Ablaze By Unknown Arsonists

AGAS: A HIGHLY DETRIBALIZED POLITICIAN - Ayemidejor