Igbuya confirms return to PDP, says he has no intention to run for governor**Obomine hails former speaker decision


By Stephanie Ikanone

The former speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly ,Rt Hon Monday Igbuya has, confirm his return to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, from the All Progressives Congress, APC, insisting that if he keeps sitting on the fence things will continue to go bad.

"Last four years I can tell you that it has been pains, nobody can tell me that it has been easy, it has been very painful for all of us, so I said let me come back and fight the fight, if I win, I take it, if I lose I take it too"

 if I keep sitting on the fence, things will continue to go bad, I  have been away, I went away because I could not take what was going on, we started this party from GDM to PDP and I was the first PDP chairman of Sapele council, I became two times chairman and then rose to be speaker.

"My consequent departure was most painful, in the interest of my constituency and my people, I stood my ground all through until the realisation to come back"

He however emphasized that he was returning to the party as a member not to vie for any political  position, "let me calm your fears like some persons are thinking "I am not returning to the party to vie for any position, however if the party deem it fit to ask me to serve, I will gladly do.

"I am not the first party member to leave the party and return, we have had other prominent members who left and came back when they know they are not on the right part , my leaving is just yesterday so I am not bothered by what people will say" 

Meanwhile, a youth leader in ward 4, Obomine Ekariko has commended the people of the ward for the warm reception accorded the former speaker of the Delta State House of Assembly, Rt Hon Igbuya.

Obomine who described the visit as historic said, being a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, he was glad the former speaker was returning back to the party.

"He is a leader, we want to thank the state Governor, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa, the state party chairman, Chief Barr Kingsley Esiso and other leaders for accepting him back into the party, it shows they have a big heart" adding that PDP will win 2023 election in grand style.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tragedy: Reckless driver kills Supervisor Councilor's wife, four others hospitalized

Agbarho Kingdom Palace Sets Ablaze By Unknown Arsonists

AGAS: A HIGHLY DETRIBALIZED POLITICIAN - Ayemidejor